Game of Thrones Studio Tour celebrates first birthday with new wedding costumes display
February 2, 2023
Game of Thrones Studio Tour will celebrate its first birthday this week and is offering two great incentives to visit during the entire month of February
Located at one of the acclaimed series’ original filming locations at Linen Mill Studios in Banbridge, Northern Ireland, Game of Thrones™ Studio Tour invites visitors to come up close and personal in the heart of Westeros to see breathtaking imagery, captivating sets, original props and costumes and more behind-the-scenes elements from the hit HBO series.
The Studio Tour was officially opened on February 4th last year with special appearances by Game of Thrones fan favourites Kristian Nairn (Hodor), Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei), and Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran) who together helped to ‘Break the Chains’ for this brand-new global visitor attraction.
To mark its first birthday, Game of Thrones™ Studio Tour will offer visitors a 25% discount on all admission tickets, and children under 12 will gain free admission to the family-friendly Studio Tour throughout the month of February.
And as it’s the month of romance with Valentine’s Day approaching, a new temporary display of opulent costumes featured in Game of Thrones weddings has also launched.
The Wedding costumes display will run until April and includes:
- The stunning gold wedding dress worn by Sansa Stark (Season 3) for her marriage to Tyrion Lannister at the Great Sept of Baelor.
- The velvet gown worn by Lysa Arryn in Season 4 for her marriage to Peter Baelish, shows remarkable detail representing House Tully and House Arryn.
- Lyanna Stark’s tulle skirt and bodice with a metal filigree collar that she wore for her secret wedding to Rhaegar Targaryen.
- Roslin Frey’s iconic green and gold brocade coat and intricate cream crochet veil from her wedding to Edmure Tully.
Gail Warke, Game of Thrones™ Studio Tour Marketing Manager, said: “We’ve had an amazing first year with visitors from all over the world, and even some Game of Thrones cast and crew members have come to see this amazing Studio Tour.
“February will be a special month for us, and we want our visitors to be a part of our celebration. It’s an epic day out for all the family – whether you’ve seen the show or not or want to learn more about TV & Film production. Nowhere else will you get to see so much skill, craft, and secrets that made Game of Thrones a global success.”
Niall Gibbons, Chief Executive of Tourism Ireland, said: “Congratulations to Game of Thrones™ Studio Tour on its first birthday. Since opening in 2022, it has become an important asset for tourism in Northern Ireland. Overseas visitors regularly tell us that their holiday in Northern Ireland has surpassed their expectations and a visit to Game of Thrones™ Studio Tour is certainly now a very popular choice on visitors’ itineraries.”
- For more information and to buy tickets for the world’s only official Game of Thrones™ Studio Tour, go to www.gameofthronesstudiotour.com
- All episodes of Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon are available to stream on HBO Max.